With the guarantee of comfort comes the burden of restlessness!!!!!! What once took hours now only takes minutes, yet as we push towards a future where we have immediate access to everything, those delays feel longer than they ever did some time recently. That is surely the situation regarding the matter of downloading things over the Internet, in any event. Those were also the times when downloading even songs would take the better piece of an hour and downloading a full film would take about a week to download, yet as innovation has advanced we’ve seen these numbers fall definitely to the place. Please follow our step-to-step guide in order to get the best speed while downloading on demand and enjoy the catch ups on your Sky Box sets whenever or wherever you want.
Contact Sky Customer Service Phone Number For Sky Help & Support
Step 1:Use an Ethernet Cable for better connection: Using an Ethernet Cable to connect your broadband router directly with your Sky + box helps you to prevail over any interference problems related with wireless connections and provides you with as fast as possible download speeds.
Step 2:Verify and perk up your wireless signal strength: If the Signal Strength of your router is low then it might affect your On- Demand connection causing it to slow down. Therefore Verify the Signal strength first by following these steps:
- Press the Service button on your Sky Remote.
- Now, by using left/right arrow buttons highlight Settings.
- To highlight Pictures press the Select button twice.
- Have a look at the Signal Strength bar.
- Please ensure that all the interference sources are removed. These sources can be Central heating, telephones, fax machines etc.
- Try adjusting the wireless routers location to avoid the sources that blocks signals which are particularly metal or water-based elements.
- Keep your Sky router away from other electrical appliances.
- Do not place your wireless router’s near windows in order to reduce signal interference from outside.
Step 3:Close other internet devices while on-demand downloads are in progress: Make sure you are not using any other internet device while the on-demand downloads are in progress. When browsing or streaming web on other devices lower down the speed of your On- Demand. Therefore, either pause your on-demand download or pause the other devices to speed up your On- demand downloading for a while.
Step 4:Check the speed of your broadband: The speed of your On-demand downloads depend upon the speed of your broadband. Check your broadband speed and make sure your broadband speed is more than 2 Mbps.
How To Speed Up Sky On Demand Downloads?Sky On Demand service is provided by Sky TV that permits you to watch your favorite movies and TV shows on demand at any time without paying any additional cost. You can easily install Sky On-demand with a wired and a wireless connection as you have a broadband internet service. As a beginner Sky customer, if you have a Sky Box and broadband connection then you can Sky On-demand. It is very easy to set up Sky On-demand. Just connect your Sky Box to any broadband router with the help of ethernet cable, Sky Link or powerline adaptor.
How To Download From Sky On-Demand?Once you have found a movie or show on Sky On-demand and you want to watch it, you required to download it to your planner. Steps to download:
- From your remote control, press Box Office.
- Choose which type of programme you want to watch and scroll until you find it.
- Press Select and the download process will start of your selected programme.
- Once the download process is completed, then the programme will be added to your planner.
What Types Of Content Is Available On Sky On-Demand?Sky On Demand provides you a wide selection of Sky titles to select from. The most important thing is that you can watch them without paying any additional cost. This is your own personal library of movies, shows, and sports that you download to your Sky Box and you can watch as per your flexibility. It is important to know that you can see thumbnails of all the content available in your library from your selected channels that you subscribe to. Read Also: Sky Multiscreen – Its Benefits & Cost?
How Much Data Does My On Demand Use?The amount of data for each programme on your Sky Box can vary as per the length of your programme. See the below examples to give you an idea about their data usage.
- 30 min TV Episode – 370 MB – 520MB
- 60min TV Episode – 850 MB – 1.3 GB
- Movie (depending on the length) -1.4 GB – 3 GB
- 30 min Sports Highlights show – approximately 370 MB
- 55 min Sports Highlights show – approximately 850 MB